Wednesday, July 15, 2009

About me

About me
Hi-Everyone!I come from Vietnam and now I am living with my family in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam. I work in the Ministry of Transport. I am responsible for overseeing the transport infrastructure projects. I have worked for 30 years in this ministry. I have two daughters. Currently, my children are studying at National Economic University in Hanoi. My family likes reading books and sports. I play tennis, my children play table tennis and do aerobics everyday. We usually spend our summer holidays touring other countries.
My work requires me to read magazines related to transport infrastructure and books about transportation daily. I also have to organise Transport international workshops. As such, I need to improve my English. I am very lucky as I am now learning English in CCE (Centre for Continuing Education), NTU. Every day my teachers help me to better my English. Actually, I have difficulty in speaking English but I’ll try to improve as much as I can.
During the course I visited museums in Singapore and participated in a lot of interesting activities. I have gained much knowledge about the history of Singapore and its variety of cultures. Today, the government of Singapore tries to develop the country and unify the communities while preserving their culture and traditions at the same time.
I hope when I get back to Vietnam my English skills such as writing and speaking will have improved dramatically.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr Truong,

    Like your family, my family enjoy sports too. My husband and elder son like playing football while my younger son plays table-tennis. My daughter used to play badmintion for her school but she has since given up the racket for the guitar. My elder son is also studying in the university but right now, he's back for his summer holidays. Again, like your family, we enjoy travelling too and we try to get out of Singapore once a year. However, with the two boys growing up, it is very difficult to plan a family vacation where all five of us are able to travel together at the same time. The last time we vacationed as a family was in 2003.


    Regarding your English skills, I am sure that with your determination and perseverance, you will see your oral and writing skills improve by leaps and bounds. All the best!

    ReplyDelete